August 3, 2006

NIWeek 2006

NIWeek is upon us yet again, and it looks like it's going to be fun. If you've been before you know that the keynote speeches and demos are worth getting up at 8 AM for. I've seen several of the keynote demos already, because one is being done by my group, and they're all pretty interesting. Unfortunately I don't think Virginia Tech will be doing a demo like they did last year. However, this year we have Dean Kamen (aka Mr. Segway) speaking, which will be worth attending all by itself. Hopefully we'll also show some more spinning buzzsaws and bouncing ball bearings.

There will be a spot at the LabVIEW Zone on the expo floor that focuses on the NI blogs. Apparently there will also be pictures of the bloggers on the walls; I got my headshot taken a couple weeks ago. It was done in the same secret room where they take all the product pictures for the catalog & website.

If you want to stop by the LV Zone and say hello, I should be around there quite a bit, along with the other bloggers. I promise I won't talk to you about commas and grammar.

You can also be sure that there will be many a mention of LEGO® MINDSTORMS® NXT. This project has been one of the coolest things about working here, and we're finally going to show it to everyone. If you like programmable robots (and who doesn't?) don't miss any of those sessions or demos.

No comments:

Post a Comment