- A group of technical writers and I put the finishing touches on A Week in the Life of a Technical Writer. This web site follows 4 technical writers (and 1 manager) through a "typical" week at NI. I say "typical" because there is hardly a typical day here at work :-)
- I got promoted just ahead of my two-year anniversary here, which is great :-) So now I'm a Staff Technical Writer, which probably doesn't mean much to anyone outside the company, but it means that I have an increased set of expectations/responsibilities for my job.
- Three of my products released to manufacturing at the same time, which was a bit stressful but otherwise great. It's always a good feeling to get some help files out the door. The stressful part was managing about 10 separate help files as they went through our signoff and verification processes. But that's over now and we're all in the planning phases for the next versions. Work continues on two additional products I'm assigned to.
- I signed up two new LV tech writers to blog here, but they haven't posted yet, so I won't say anything about them until they do.
- I started interviewing candidates for the technical writing position at NI. (Yes, we are hiring! Send in those resumes!)
September 20, 2006
Updates and More
It's been a little while since my last post, so here's what's happening: